Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dear Greek Yogurt,

Listen, I'm really trying here, but I just don't like you. Fage, Oikos, Athenos, the list goes on. I've tried them all and you all taste terrible. You're so chic and hip right now and I consider myself an adventurous eater with a great palate but you're proving to be a real challenge for me. Eating you is like filling my mouth with super thick, gritty, fat-free sour cream. You must know you're not that tasty because you package yourself with a nice little side-car of jam - and even that isn't enough to choke out your overdone yogurtness. I continue to try you because I'm waiting for that ah-ha moment where it all clicks and I'm converted into a life-long lover of the Greek. If someone could just explain to me your great appeal I would appreciate it - maybe then I can find a place for you in my life. Until then, I will continue to buy you sporadically with the intent of conditioning myself to find you enjoyable. I'm not holding my breath.

Not so much,
Leah

1 comment:

  1. We eat the greek god (I think that's the brand) honey one with frozen berries and I find it fabulous! Of course it's the expensive kind and the others I've tried are not good... but that ONE...

    ReplyDelete