Monday, June 25, 2012

Easy Fruit Cobbler

This recipe speaks to the inherently lazy nature of my baking skill set. Plus, it tastes great and I used a dairy-free cake mix to make it friendly for my eldest son.

While the recipe calls for a can of diet soda, I can tell you definitively that you do not need to use chemical-laden-artificial-sweetener-grossness. Instead, use a can of sparkling water; I used grapefruit-flavored LaCroix. The cake mix and fruit are plenty sweet enough and do not need any extra sweetness from soda.

The recipe calls for mixed berries but I used what I had in the house, which happened to be raspberries, mango and blackberries. It was so, so good and got great reviews from the people I had over that evening. This is a great recipe to throw together in a hurry for a last-minute dessert or impromptu get together with friends.

Link to the original Pin

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment