Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Calm Bottles: Not Just For Kids

I renamed these Calm Bottles and made them for my kids a few weeks ago. They are seriously awesome and I love them just as much as my kiddies do. My intent was not to use them as a "time-out" tool but rather as a distraction from gross behavior and sibling fighting. Also as a fun tool to help them settle down at bedtime and for trips in the car.

We took a family trip to the craft store and stocked up on ultra-fine glitter and coordinating glitter glue. Turns out we didn't actually need to spend the money on glitter glue; clear craft glue will work just as well at a fraction of the price. Also lacking from the original posting was the size of the bottle used for the recipe given. I bought the one-liter bottles of SmartWater and ended up having to halve the mixture because it was far, far too thick to ever settle. Talk about a break, if you're using them for time-outs.

I'm going to make a few more so the kids can choose different colors and to maintain the novelty; I plan to milk this project for as long as I'm able.

Link to the original Pin

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment