Monday, June 25, 2012

DIY Microdermabrasion

Link to the original Pin

Somehow I managed to get through the entirety of my adolescence with flawless skin. Not that I ever complained back then, but I'd have much rather had bad skin when everyone else was enduring the same horrors of hormonal imbalance than now, when I should be well on my way to worrying about crows feet and age spots. At any rate, I've not yet mastered my post-children-approaching-my-30's-getting-drier-and-simultaneously-more-breakout-prone skin.

I've paid ridiculous sums of money for microderm product sets that did nothing more than cause teenage-esque breakouts on my late-twenties complexion, so I was excited to find this suggestion for inexpensive, at-home microdermabrasion. Simply mix three parts baking soda with one part water, forming a paste, then massage in a circular motion over your entire face, avoiding the delicate eye-area. It works beautifully and leaves your skin feeling silky-soft. Follow it up with your favorite moisturizer and you'll be delighted with the results.

I do this before bed and not more than twice a week; don't overdo it because you'll strip your skin past the point of silky and into the raw neighborhood. I've also used orange juice in place of water and found that to be a great combo when fighting a breakout. The citric acid in orange juice works as a great toner, brightener and tightener. Plus, it smells awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment