Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dear Conan O'Brien,

I've been a fan since my early days in college - the first time around, that is. I was so excited, like many others, to see you make the move to The Tonight Show. And like the rest of the world, I thought the show sucked. But don't worry, Conan, I have the answers to all of your problems.

You'll be relieved to hear that you aren't the problem, nor are the writers. You are a New Yorker, through and through and your appeal stayed in New York. The west coast is material, superficial and vacant, while the east coast is cerebral, ironic and witty. Am I the only one that can see why this is a problem? Hello? An audience who doesn't get the jokes, doesn't laugh. Take your freakishly tall, red headed self back to New York and have a cool show again. Because really, I can't watch you on TBS any more than I could watch you tank on The Tonight Show.

Someone should pay me for this stuff.

Love,
Not Laughing Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment